Why I am doing this by EDWARD STORM

Why I am doing this. By Edward Storm


I've wanted it so bad for so long that I seem to have just accepted that I'll be doing it until I get it, it's so much more than just the poems.  To be honest, the poems write themselves.  They are my coping mechanism and my emotional therapy.  I write about different things-love, loss, lust, God, dreams, addiction, sexual attraction & frustration, the girl who broke my heart and the one who's going to, death, rebirth, all the neato philosophies of living, and much more-it all comes jumping out of my delirious brain and always in the nick of time before the mayhem of events ideas and explosives lead to suffocation.  The poem always makes it out right before suffocation has left me insane or at the point of surrender.  Every poet must be able to walk with a degree of insanity and surrender that most folks outside of the creative community are not comfortable with.  I'm insane without the pen and never a loser even after a swift surrender. 


What I'm discovering about the business side of American Poetry is that the creative output is just the beginning.  Finding you, my reader, is the more challenging aspect of acending to a real professional poet and writer.  If a writer has no audience than the words he writes will destroy him.  The poems could never hurt a writer, they are pure light and fulfillment, right?  The poet's sort of existence is killing me at a velocity gaining speed I think.  Or have I now paid my dues to the ancient gods and my destruction will slow down so I can enjoy it, by it I mean my life. I want you to have a serious go with my writing.  Please confirm my poetic vision and my foot forward.  If my words are as good as I think, than y'all will help me find my little space in tbe library of the masters. 


I don't care if you or anyone applauds me, but please do always read what I write.  I need your eyes and your curious soul.  I need your money and your faith.  I can't go on much longer doing this dance for just myself and a few diehards. 


I'm here to bring you along with me for as long as I can keep the stories rolling off my mystic tongue. I'm here to be a conduit of all of those wonderful poetic and philosophical influences of mine.  I know history and wild women, I'll tell you all the shocking and moving parts of the wild hunt.  I'm doing this to prove the journey has been worth all of the pain and whatever is the opposite of compromise.  The gates today baby unified energy are opening through the door I am handing you and all these poems.  My doors of perception. 


By Edward Storm


Comments